Can This Awkward Attic Become A Master Bedroom Retreat? 5 Designer Secrets Revealed
Do you have an awkward attic space? Don’t despair, it can be transformed with a little help from your friends here at askDECOR. Here are the before and after photos of an attic space from a recent project and 5 designer secrets that we used to complete this transformation.
1. Camouflage a bad view and enhance your windows with fabulous window coverings.
We used sheers to obscure the view. A valance mounted at the ceiling leads the eye upward and gives the appearance of taller ceilings in this attic bedroom. Drapes with blackout liner finish the look and ensure a good night’s sleep.
2. Make unsightly elements in your room disappear by painting everything the same color.
Low ceiling, bad trim and uninteresting doors fade to the background when painted out to match the walls. Try a soothing color. We used Benjamin Moore Light Khaki in this room and love the finished effect.
3. Open up half walls to visually expand your space.
We replaced the staircase landing wall with wrought iron for a more open, airy feeling.
4. Match the color of your flooring to your walls if you want to visually expand your space.
We choose a Maslan textured carpet to add interest to our floors in a shade slightly darker than the walls.
5. Create a sleek look with built-in storage.
We replaced free-standing furniture with built-in closet storage systems. Custom, wall mounted shelves were installed for the TV and additional storage.
Do you have an awkward space that could use a transformation? Let us know if the 5 revealed designer secrets could work in transforming your space. We’d love to hear from you if you need further tips for your space as well!